Friday, March 22, 2013

Custer's Spring Arts and Crafts Show

This weekend is one of those that I wait for all year, the Custer's Spring Arts and Crafts Show!!!
Okay, so someone dropped the ball with the sign being half blown down but nobody's perfect right?

Left to Right:  Amber, Candy (AKA Mom) Kim, Slung baby Caden
Bottom Charlotte & Logan

Venders from all over Washington, Idaho and Oregon come here to sell their deliciously awesome homemade goods, here are a few highlights of our craft inspiring day!
 
Sweater Heads
Recycled Wool Hats
 

 
 
 
There's nothing I love better than upcycling...for those who aren't familiar with the term, I did not make it up, it is a word describing taking an item and making it into something more valuable and Leslie is certainly turning those frumpy old sweaters into something great.  Not to mention she's from Astoria Oregon, I have long had a love for that little seaside town (not to be mistaken for seaside just a few miles away) I think it makes me so nostalgic because of all those years watching goonies as a kid, "HEY YOU GUYS!"  Check out her shop, it's awesome!
 
Ted Ogilvie
jtogilvie@hotmail .com

 
Above is Ted, he had some awesome stuff in his section, my favorite were this little hotdog roasting sticks made from forks and golf club handles, I bought five for my hubby's birthday next month.  P.S.  That bench behind the roasting sticks turns into a table...WHAT?!!!  That's right, a table and bench combo!

Old Man's Pants
 
Please excuse the fuzzy picture, I should have taken a few to make sure I had a good one, but no matter, onward and upward.  I think one of my favorite things about this vendor was the name, not to mention the adorable hats!  I chatted with Andy (the hat-wearing man above) who said his wife designs all the hat patterns herself and that he does a lot of the sewing.
 
 I also loved their display, there's something about old suitcases that I just love!  It has that cool upcycled look that I am crazy about (there's that word again!).

 
As you can see in the hat above, these are hand made, unique hats made from old clothing, including old man pants apparently (thus their company name).  Check out their website, it is a definate must see!!!



I And A Designs




What caught my eye at first with this vender were these baroque style pincushions (we all know how I like a good pincushion). Frilly, girly and adorable, I wish I could have taken pictures of them but the vender is a little camera shy, but her sister had some great stuff too, sling purses, tortilla warmers and bedside caddies. A delightful little spot to check out with some great items!



There were a lot more venders that I liked, but I didn't think to take pictures for my blog until my kiddos were about spent.  I can't wait to see all these vendors again this summer at Art in the Park in Richland!!!



2 comments:

  1. That looks so fun to just walk around and browse!

    ~Jaimie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It totally is, I almost never have money to buy stuff when it comes around but I always grab business cards because most venders sell on etsy.com

    ReplyDelete