Friday, March 22, 2013

My Owl Obsession


Ok, so I admit, I have an addiction.  I'm not talking about crafting, I'm not talking about shopping, I'm talking about owls.  My collection has spiraled into an identity.  No longer can family and friends walk through a store, pass by an owl and not think of me!  I guess it's because I can relate to an owl.  He lurks around at night hunting unsuspecting prey in their sleep, I stay up all night pinning things on pinterest, those pins never had a chance!!! 


It all started a couple years ago when my mom and I went to a holiday craft show at the local high school, there he was, the coolest vintage owl night light I had ever seen just waiting there for me, and bonus, he was only three dollars!!!  So I snatched him up.  I put him on a table and there he sat, lonely for weeks.  He needed a friend, he needed a confidant, he needed purpose!  So what did I do?  I went shopping with my friend G. to The Uptown in Richland (totally worth the trip if you have a little imagination). 

Since that fateful day I have found owl after owl, I've received several as gifts, I'm constantly having pictures sent to my iphone and whenever someone sees a real owl on a telephone line or in a tree, I'm hearing about it.  So, next time you are out and about and see some kind of owly thing, just remember, I'm the one that made it cool!!!  Happy Crafting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment